Thursday, April 9, 2009

Glass half full

I am definitely a "glass half full" person. Are you? Or are you a "glass half empty"? I spent 5 and 1/2 days in the hospital recently and there were plenty of NOT fun things about that experience, but I will focus on the good. Yes, even with shingles, meningitis, not being allowed to see my kids, being in pain, having lots of IV drama, tears, worry, and more -there can be good even in the yuckiest of situations... such as:

- feeling lots of love for me from tons of friends and family
-feeling peace from the nice Father's Blessing my Daddy gave me in the hospital
-knowing that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will not give me more than I can handle
-enjoying talking one on one with family as they visited me in shifts
-loving being babied by my Moms
-feeling the love that everyone has for my 2 sweet kids and the peace that came with knowing they were getting lots of TLC and attention
-giggling a lot (due to drugs, lack of sleep, and silly family)
-loving the nice cards Emma made me
-enjoying all the phone calls I received
-devouring the Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches and Firehouse subs brought to me (because hospital food was gross)

My recovery is not going as speedily as I would like, but I am trying to be patient and positive. I am happy to be home with my sweet babes and wonderful husband.

I didn't want to disappoint anyone by not having pictures to blog from my hospital experience...so here ya go! Would you expect anything less from me? :) ha ha To see ALL the pictures from the hospital adventure then CLICK HERE.


I found out that foot massages really do help headaches go away! (plus the pain medication helped a little too- hee hee) Looks like Bill got into my meds again- j/k
Rachel brought me "Congrats on your TWINS" balloons when she came to visit :) ha ha! She called my illnesses "my twins"- Mennie and Shingle. She thought these balloons were way more fun than the "Get Well Soon" ones. Isn't Oma tan? I am so going to go get that mist tan thing done like her when I am all better. Okay the mask and hood are making fun of the nurses that would come into my room- they wore full on plastic long sleeve gown things, masks, gloves, and some even wore an eye shield thing! That made me feel like I was a freak and more sick than I thought I was! I guess they took the "safety first" thing REALLY serious. It was like those guys in full body suits at the end of the E.T. movie. Ya know what I am talking about?


I only looked like the left picture for like 1 day. I felt I was
rebelling and showing my illness who was boss by taking a
shower, drying my hair, and doing my make up. The right
picture is how I usually looked in the hospital and still
do. The umbrella was because all light made my head hurt
so bad. I asked Rachel to buy me some sun glasses in the gift
shop but they didn't have any so she bought me this instead.
It worked great! We could open the window blinds to light up
the room but dull it from piercing my eyes and making my
head feel like it was going to explode!

Leave it to Rachel to get everyone involved in
crafty things at the hospital!
My Mom & Steve got me the cutest
bunny basket filled with yummy
chocolates and white choc. covered
pretzels! It is in top left corner
of this pic on them. SUPER
fluffy bunny!

THANK YOU EVERYONE for taking care of me and my family!
Your love and support means the world to us!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh sweetie I had NO idea! I hope you are doing much better now, and please let me know if you need anything!! HUGS!