Saturday, February 9, 2008

Epilator and Silk should never be used in the same sentence!


What you are seeing is a Braun 5270 Silk-épil X'elle Body System Epilator
My sweet Bill knows how much I hate dealing with the nuisance of having to shave my legs all the time and I fantasize about someday getting Laser Hair Removal done on them so I will never have to shave again in my life! So he surprised me at Christmas with my very 1st Epilator. I thought- wow he put thought into this gift and I hope it works well so I don't have to shave as much. Then after I read the instructions and contemplated the pain it might cause I put off trying it. Well, I tried it tonight and can we say HOLY COW! I soon learned there was a new kind of pain I had never experienced. The Epilator ripes the hairs out of your legs one at a time! I have decided that an Epilator must have been invented by a man to torture women...ha ha! Needless to say I didn't get very far before I decided I will never do that again. Then I thought, oh I will try the shaver feature instead. Okay, what woman wants there legs to feel like a mans stubbly face? I spent longer shaving with this device than a good old razor and at the end my legs felt stubbly, dry, and itchy. The other funny thing is that they are insane enough to name it the SILK epilator...those 2 words should never be used in the same sentence. There is nothing smooth, delicate, or silk-like about this product. If there is anyone in the world that owns one of these and loves it then more power to them, but I just wanted to share a "first" in the life of Laura with you. It was all quite humorous. I tried to get Bill to try it and he was like "NO WAY!"

No comments: