This is just a small part of what I wrote: "I recalled the 1st time I ever saw him in person. It was when I was high school age and we were at the re-dedication of the Switzerland Temple. We were all siting (in one of the side rooms) waiting to watch the dedication on a TV screen and everyone in the room (with me) stood up. I had not known why right at first because I'd been looking down at the program. I quickly stood up and a strong feeling came over me when I saw the Prophet. There was a power that filled the room. He and his counselors were passing through that room to go to do the dedications. He shook some peoples' hands and I watched in awe. Then he looked directly in my eyes and reached over the row in front of me to reach me and he shook my hand. it was so neat and such an honor to just be in his presence let alone shake his hand. It was a sweet and special moment that I'll never forget. I knew without a doubt that he was a true Prophet and I felt God's love for me through him so powerfully..."
I really enjoyed this tribute to Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley. It is about 5 minutes and make sure your speakers are on.
http://video.google.com

2 comments:
That is such a truly special experience.
Do you know when you feel such an emotion that it can not be transformed into words. I felt it at my baptism and when I met Dan. I also felt this whenever at conference and being in the same room as Gordon B Hinkley. When first learning of the church I sometimes had doubts about certain things. But one thing I could not doubt was how it made me feel. I can't explain in words how it makes me feel to watch that tribute and that's how I personally know the gospel is true. I feel like I show close in the name of jesus christ......
PS I started crying during the video when he started speaking of his wife. I strive to have that type of relationship. :)
I love your testimony about Pres. Hinckley. I'm so glad you shared it. I wish I could have heard you in Relief Society.
Post a Comment