Laura Zang (Jaynes) & Mr. O'Neill
Heidelberg High School
Heidelberg High School
Sometimes the world seems so huge to me. When I look through a National Geographic I am always amazed at so much of the world that I am not familiar with and how big the world is, but then every now and then I have an experience that makes the world seem small...like my recent experience. I was driving to someone's house that I have only been to 1 other time and right before I got to her house I saw a man walking. I thought to myself "That looks like Mr. O'Neill" then I got closer and it was. I yelled out the window "Mr. O'Neill?" He said "Laura?" It was so wild! Mr. O'Neill was one of my favorite teachers in High School in Heidelberg, Germany about 12-13 years ago and I just ran into him in Texas while he was talking a stroll around his neighborhood! We had a fun time chatting, getting caught up, and he was able to meet sweet Emma. He looked just the same as he did when I was in High School.
Mr. O'Neill was always a wealth of knowledge, was jolly, funny, and a joy to be around. I was so excited about running into him that I called Bill and Rachel (my sister) right after and told him about it. It is not everyday that experiences like this happen, but I think it is so neat. Makes you want to sing the song from Disney "It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all...a small, small world!"

4 comments:
how cool is this? i love it...these meant to be encounters...i don't believe
there are any accidents. love y'all!
Hi! Got Kyle and Rachels blog from Larry and Linda tonight... saw your link on theirs (yes, I blogstalk sometimes - I admit it) :) but I just had to write because your post was so awesome... I think that Mr. O'Neill had to be just about the greatest teacher ever at HHS... don't know anyone who didn't love the guy - cool you got to see him. You've got a beautiful family! Hope you don't mind me checking in on y'all.
-Jen (Wilson) Dorman
Wow...from Germany to Texas...CRAZY! PS I had a Mr Oneil in Jr high! :)
That is so crazy and funny. Very small world! You look so sweet and pretty in that picture. I want to come and look at all your old pictures!
Post a Comment