Sunday, November 8, 2009

More than marshmellows


Okay, so I never finished blogging about my trip to Kansas City, Missouri. I better do that first before I move on to all the Halloween and Emma Birthday fun.

When we visited my Aunt Annie they made a big ol' camp fire out back and we roasted marshmellows, ate smores, drank hot apple cider, listened to Uncle Dan's interesting stories, and relaxed in the crisp, cool Autumn air. I had not been around a camp fire in so long and I can't even tell you the last time I roasted a marshmellow... it was so wonderful! I love the smell of camp fires. They are so cozy and mesmerizing. I have to admit that I liked it all so much that when I returned home I bought marshmellows and have roasted at least 2 a day over our gas stove :) Yum! It is not like marshmellows are my favorite or something, but it is more than just a roasted marshmellow...camping smells and tastes such as this are super nastalgic to me. Anyways, we had a great time hanging out by the fire with family.

Uncle Dan is quite the character! He went into the house for something and then came out in his wilderness man outfit! He is a hoot :)


The glow of the campfire on us

Strike a pose!
I loved watching these candles drip wax as the hours went by.

I know this below pic has nothing to do with marshmellows or campfires, but I took it while on a drive with Aunt Annie and I loved the silhouette of it and the colors of the sunset.

No comments: