Sunday, November 8, 2009

Liberty Jail



I had the opportunity, while in Missouri, to visit 2 church history sites for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints with my brother, sister, and sister in law. We went to Liberty Jail and to the LDS Visitor Center in Independence, MO by the Temple Lot. It was a neat experience and I would love to go back there to spend more time visiting all the church history sites in that area.

What was neat about visiting Liberty Jail was that Joseph Smith (a Prophet of God) learned a lot in his time there and received great revelations that we now can read and learn from in the Doctrine and Covenants. I already had a testimony that Joseph Smith was called to be a Prophet to usher in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, but just being there and reflecting on what he went through to bring about this great truth- it was touching. The spirit testifies of truth... all truth- not just spiritual truth- and I felt the spirit so strong while there. It just added to my testimony that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet and I could never deny that truth. Here are some pics I snapped while there.

No comments: