Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The little things


I love to capture all aspects of life with photography - it helps me remember so much more than I would on my own. It is my visual journal.

I was feeling a little cabin fever coming on the other day and so we walked to a pond to feed the ducks. It was fun, but I did not really accurately calculate how far it was, how hot it was, and that the extra weight (we were watching a little 6 mo. old girl- who is almost bigger than Ethan and is half his age). I fit all 3 kids in the double stroller- whew. It was all worth it to do something fun together and get out into nature.




We saw tons of fire ant hills, big fish, awesome blue colored mini-dragonflies, gecko, and a turtle.
We stopped off at a playground on the way home so that Emma could get in touch with her monkey side.


Sometimes I ask myself "Why do I stay up late blogging the little things like going to the pond to feed ducks?" I quickly answer myself "Because sometimes the little things matter the most." Since I was sick (back in April followed by months of recovery) I really see things a bit differently and I take time to enjoy and value things on a different level than before...I hope that does not go away. You know the saying "take time to stop and smell the roses?" Well, I have never liked the smell of roses...I think they stink! (but I do love the way they LOOK) I am not fond of stopping to smell them, but I would encourage everyone to take time to walk and feed the ducks! :)

No comments: