Friday, October 2, 2009

Emma's 1st Day at Preschool/Gymnastics

On Wednesday Sept. 30th Emma attended her 1st day of Preschool/Gymnastics. It is the perfect fit for her because she gets to learn but also gets lots of wiggles out. It includes an actual gymnastics lesson; which she just loved!

I was shocked when she was not even sad when I was leaving - she didn't even care that I was about to go (not normal Emma behavior). As I drove away I teared up and was a bit sad...it is just a first for me and a moment when I realized my little girl is growing up. I called Bill and said something along the lines of "Gymnastics today and then tomorrow she will be getting married!" Yes, I am dramatic at times and a bit emotional. I comforted myself by getting an old fashioned chocolate doughnut from Starbucks. They are so yummy!

Emma also did crafts and had free time on the gymnastics equipment...I am sure she did more than that too, but she wouldn't tell me any more - I was bugging her apparently by asking too many questions. ha ha. She was so tuckered out afterward that she fell asleep on the couch. 9am-2pm is the longest she has ever been left with people she didn't know. She did awesome! What a rock star!
This is a gift that will keep on giving!
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Zang for hookin' us up!



No comments: