Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Dad's Birthday

Earlier this month we all got together at our house to celebrate my Dad's (aka "Opa") Birthday. It was so nice and fun to all be together, eat yummy food, play rock band, and watch a ton of TLC's "What Not to Wear" (of course the ladies did this while guys played the wii and stuff).


Opa with Mickelsen and Zang Grandchildren
(my attempt at a group shot- it is always tricky when 6 kids are involved)

Rachel and Oma

I love how the kids gather around Opa. They just love him!

Rock Band! Oh yeah! A family affair :) ha ha


Ethan and Opa
My Dad can be teaching grand kids about plants/nature one moment and then playing the guitar the next. He is one super cool dude!

It was no surprise that I had to take some pictures of the cutie pies before church. I think it was funny that Austin was very specific about what pictures he wanted taken and how to group people...ex. all the girls, then the boys, now just me... you can't tell from the pics that he actually "wanted" to do this. ha ha Kids crack me up.


Sam, Emma, Jayne, Emilie, and Austin
I love the matching Mickelsens' clothes.


THE MAMAS! THE WOMEN!

I love, love, love these 2 B&W pics :)


Our little pumpkins...and posers.

Silly boys!



Kyle and Rachel


So sweet!

1 comment:

Crystalyn said...

these pictures are so fun! I love those ones of Jayne and Emilie in black and white! It looks like ya'll had a great time celebrating! :)