Sunday, August 2, 2009

Animals, Animals, Animals and more

With Emma, everyday we use lots and lots and lots of focus and energy on animals. 99% of her play is either being an animal, feeding animals (toys of course), walking animals, putting them in time outs, going to the pet store and pretending to buy ALL the dogs, etc. So I thought I'd post about some "real" animals that have crossed our paths recently.

The frog under our front bush.
(I couldn't get a better picture because it hid after I blinded it with my flash
Oops! evil chuckle)

The baby bird that kept falling out of the tree in our front yard.
I had to keep putting gloves on and putting it back in the nest. Very exciting to Emma!


Our Dog Addict Animal
Daddy spoiled Emma by buying her this doggy cake :)

Posing with one of her favorite animal movies: Beverly Hills Chihuahua


Our Bathing and Balancing Animal
Ethan loves bath time like crazy and he has some mad balancing skills!
He lives on the WILD side!



Oh by the way, the only reason we discovered the baby bird and frog in the front yard is because I actually gave our yard some much needed TLC. It was crazy hard work to do in the Texas heat and with 2 little, busy monkeys. Here are the before and after pics.

Before*********************After


This is how I kept them busy for a "little" while.


Our Chocolate Animal
What can I say...she is following in my footsteps. I am so proud!


Someday Emma and I will probably have to go to Chocoholics Anonymous!

I went to put something in the pantry and when I turned around I saw this- I guess she decided that it was a faster way to get the chocolate in her mouth than using the spoon.
**disclaimer: when i bring choc. covered strawberries to church functions or get-togethers i do NOT let emma help me make them...for this very reason- so you can rest assured! **

______________________________________________________________
p.s. yes, i should be sleeping but i have been so behind on journaling and so that is why i am posting like crazy right now...in hopes to get caught up to the current month. plus the kids are asleep and i get more done that way.

No comments: