*I finally completed the long "I Drive Safely" online course! I got a speeding ticket awhile back and have been putting off doing the course because I knew that it would take way longer than 8 hours (the required time) because of my 2 active children. I finished it this weekend! Hallelujah! A lot of it was very educational and even interesting at times... but tons of it was repetitive or not applicable to me- like pet safety in the car and trailer safety! ha ha
I did tear up on the videos they showed about 2 different guys killed in car accidents by drunk drivers...it was awful. PLEEEEEASE if you drink- NEVER EVER drink and drive. I think I got so upset about those videos and the statistics because the majority of times the person that was drinking is not injured as badly or not killed- it is innocent people and children...and I can't bare the thought of someone harming my family because of making such a stupid decision to drink and drive. A friend of mine had her father killed that way- it is just awful. Anyways I will stop going off on that now.
*I completed my 1st long run (5 miles) for my Marathon training on Saturday. The program I am following includes 3 shorter runs and 1 long run. I am sooooo thankful that Kristin decided to go with me. She is such a trooper- I sent her a text Friday night that was something like this "Do you want to run 5 miles with me Sat. morning at 7am?"
I do not know many people that would respond YES to such an invitation... but she did. I am so glad she did- it made it much more enjoyable, time went by quicker, she challenged me to do lunges down a hill (which hurt like mad since it was in the last 1/2 mile of the run), and she hooked me up with a swimsuit, flip flops, and towel afterwards so we could go cool off in her community pool! NICE! That cold water felt soooooooooooo good!
p.s. I am urging Kristin to do this Marathon too because she has always wanted to do one- so everyone who knows her start asking her how her marathon training is going! ha ha :)
No comments:
Post a Comment