Saturday, June 20, 2009

Emma's 1st Pets

Well...we finally broke down and got Emma her first pets :) Not "exactly" her 1st choice, but hey I really do not want a dog or cat. They are too much money and too much work! So she had options of a fish, turtle, frog, or tiny Robo hamsters. She is so excited to have pets to take care of, watch, feed, and pet. They are fast little suckers though! We have to hold/pet them within a bucket or else they will escape and we would never find them. I can't express how fast they are!

The first 1/2 hour we had them their names were Buttercup and Sugar.
Aren't they sooooooo cute and little?

The 2nd 1/2 hour we had them their names changed to Dragonfly and Pop.
Then they were Alvin and Theodore for awhile...who knows what their names will be tomorrow or in another hour :) ha ha!

She is so proud of her pets! This cage is super cool because you can add on tons of stuff to it, but we just started out with the basic unit. Don't worry they get lots of roaming time in their little ball and on the wheel inside their home.



We took 2 short videos (both under 2 minutes) of the hamsters first time in the ball :) Enjoy!
Video 1- click here
Video 2- click here

Check out 1 example of how pimped out we could make our hamsters' home- OH MY!

2 comments:

Haley said...

Those hampsters are adorable! Also, I loved your little happy father's day to your dad- It was fun seeing pictures from your past in the cool places you lived.

Gardner Family said...

Hamster houses have come a LONG way! You are braver than me Laura May. My brother had a hamster when we were little. I remember it being so stinky that I refuse to let Ben have a hampster. I know.....I am a mean Mommy.

We are fish sitting right now for a month. Ben likes it. But, I don't think he is really into a pet yet. I heard a rumor though that Santa might bring us a puppy!?!?!