Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Annie, Annie Bo Bannie

Bill was super duper cool and got Emma and I awesome tickets to go see the musical "Annie" a week or so ago! It was so fun to go on a Mother-Daughter date :) We took these pics before we left to go to the performance. Emma and I love Annie! When I was a little girl I was like obsessed with it and stuff... the apple does not fall far from the tree.

I surprised myself by being able to hold Emma (27 lbs) and run down a hill, up a hill, up 2 flights of stairs AND IN HEELS in order to get to the performance on time. Emma was like "I didn't know you could run up stairs!" She was so impressed with me. I have been so inactive and struggling with fatigue for over 2 months due to health stuff and I did not know that I was capable of that kind of strength/speed. We left with over an hour to get to the place that was only like 20 minutes away, but got stuck in unexpected traffic and then all the parking structures were full due to some UT event! My legs were burning and I was totally so happy to sit down once we got there. We literally got there as soon as they were dimming the lights and the orchestra began to play. Whew!

We enjoyed the show. The stage Annie is much different than the movie Annie which I didn't know- so I heard songs that were not in the movie and was a little bummed when a lot of songs from the movie were not in the stage performance. Emma really wanted to pet Sandy and I had to keep explaining why she couldn't go up there and pet him (home girl just loves dogs!). She also asked me why there was not a helicopter scene at the end- I was like "I don't know - that would have been cool!" :) hee hee.

The cast was great...ummm except for Annie- I think she must have been the understudy or something. I am sure only the adults noticed and all the little girls were fine with her shrilly voice and poor acting- ha ha! Our seats were crazy good- 3rd row and center! It was really neat to be so close. Lots of people commented on how pretty and fancy Emma looked. Thanks Bill for hooking us up with a memorable fun mommy-daughter date.


Ta Da!

Pucker up buttercup

Matching pearls :) Awwww

Matching cheesey grins too!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so happy you are feeling better! Sounds like you girls made some memories. The picture "Matching Pearls" is absolutely adorable.

Christina said...

That first pic is PRICELESS, you should frame it!!! Love them all and glad you had a good time adn are feeling better!!!

Unknown said...

Sooooo pretty! You both are gorgeous. LOVE you.