Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More things to share/journal

*I really wanted Emma play with some friends since we have been home bound for awhile so I set up 2 play dates but she really didn't want to go and just said she wanted to stay home with me. I was bummed a bit because I am not feeling well and really welcomed having a break. Last night when I was eating dinner with her she says to me out of the blue "Mommy, you know why I didn't want to go to a fun place? I wanted to stay home and take care of you." I instantly teared up. She was concerned with me being sick and wanted to take care of me (even though in reality it ended up being the other way around- she was very needy and I took care of her cute self)...it is the thought that counts. She is a keeper!

*Emma and I were talking in car today and she said "You be Super Mom and I am Super Emma and Ethan is Super Ethan... Daddy can be a pumpkin or maybe a window!" It made me laugh a lot! What a silly girl.

*Who cries about food...I mean tears of happiness? I DO!! Sooooo many people have brought us delicious dinners over the past week and 1/2 due to my slow recovery and they are just plain spoiling us with love! The other day I was just so overwhelmed with happiness about all the food that magically appears each night that I totally cried when my friend (Alma Ruiz) showed up to our door with 2 huge bags of carry out food from Macaroni Grill. I hope I didn't frighten her with my emotional self :) ha ha! I guess people who know me are accustomed to my leaking eye problem ;)

*For family home evening I let Emma pick out some pictures from a section of the gospel art kit we have and she picked the Prophets section (Prophets of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). I totally thought it was cool that she only picked the prophets that were wearing glasses. People with eye glasses must = COOL in Emma's world...probably because LOTS of people she loves wear glasses (ex. Daddy, Opa, Grandma Zang, Grandma Becky, Aunt Rachel, Uncle Matt, Aunt Crystalyn, and more...)

*Bill's parents got a NEW CAR :) Here it is in all its fabulous glory. It is a Chevrolet Traverse. I love the interior and the exterior silver paint has sparkly shimmer going on! Oh yeah!



*Easter came early when Emma's Grandparents (Zangs) brought over a SAND BOX that the Easter Bunny had delivered to their house. This is a gift that keeps on giving! Very fun :) Thanks Easter Bunny -wink wink-

1 comment:

Valerie and Christopher said...

ha ha! i laughed so hard with Emma's comments about her dad being a window. LOL I am totally going to tease him about it at church now..."wait...oh...bill, sorry didn't see you there. it was like you were a window or something!" so glad you are starting to do better!