Thursday, January 29, 2009

Potty Time = Ice Skating


I am sooooooooooooooo super thrilled to announce that Emma went poo on the big potty today for her first time! She has gone pee pee like 6 times on it in the last 3 days, but she didn't want to try going #2 until I told her that whenever she decides to go poo on the potty then Daddy will take her ice skating! She totally took the bait. Her and Bill went ice skating tonight on a special Daddy-Daughter date and then out for ice cream at McDonald's.

Emma had zero interest in trying to go on the potty until Daddy came home with a new/different seat that goes right on the toilet (with pink handles). Something was magical about that potty seat or the fact that Daddy got it for her- because all of the sudden she wants to try going on the potty. We have a lot of work to do to get her fully potty trained, but I am ecstatic about this "event" that occurred today :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

How exciting! I'll have to pass the ice skating tip along to Trey and Brandi. They're just beginning to potty train Emily.