Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Nothing says "Freedom" like a 5K!



What better way to celebrate the 4th of July than running a 5K? I don't know! Yes, I ran in the Austin Freedom 5000. It was very exciting and personally rewarding. I was sore for days, but loved that I pushed myself. If any of you are thinking of running a 5K I would recommend training for it at least a little bit. I hadn't worked out in awhile and I thought this would jump start my work out routine. For not being in shape I was proud of my racing time...I completed the race in 32 minutes 45 seconds! Yippppeeeee! I was by myself that day because Emma was very sick and Bill was home with her...so I asked some other participants to take my picture for me :) Hee hee! Do you think I can pass up a photo opp.? I don't think so!

2 comments:

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

I love, love, love it! I'm so glad to see that you got your bloggles on finally! Such fun! That is awesome about the race too! You are a superstar, Laura! Love ya!

Mary said...

I've never done this "blog thing" before, but I think it's going to be fun! Thanks for including me, Laura.