All smiles before surgery ;) Why? Cause I finally decided to it, I had Bill by my side, I knew how blessed I was to even have the means to have pain/problem corrected, and I thought of Emma and Ethan and all the fun they were having with Grandma/pa Zang! They partied hard with grandparents that day.Was not all smiles when pain med/nerve block wore off half way through my 1st night at home.
This is my sad foot on its way back to surgery center when sun came up.
Thanks Kristin for coming so early and so last minute to watch our monkeys.
They loved every second with ya!
This is my sad foot on its way back to surgery center when sun came up.
Thanks Kristin for coming so early and so last minute to watch our monkeys.
They loved every second with ya!

Emma was so cute when I came home. She was very helpful, sweet, and curious about everything. She wraped up her foot in fabric, laid on the bed beside me, propped it up with a pillow, and started asking Bill to bring her things. ha ha! She even had her own pair of crutches to use around the house. Emma cracks us up DAILY!
She spiced up my splint with her art :) Love it!
Then I got to go to go stay with my Mama and step-dad for 5 days. They pampered me good! And it was like a recovery vacation... I was not at my own house so I did not worry about chores not being done, laundry piling up, etc. I actually got to watch cable t.v. and watched it during the DAY; which never happens! I discovered a new favorite show "My Fair Wedding" with David Tutera :) He totally rocks! Totally fun wedding series. http://www.davidtutera.com/
My mom cooked up all sorts of yummy things that were on my diet and she would always have them in such a fun presentation- fancy fancy. I even would drink my sprite zero from a fancy globe like wine glass with a tall stem. Oh yeah baby! I was living it up :)

I debated about blogging these below pics...
but here they are folks!
Then I got to go to go stay with my Mama and step-dad for 5 days. They pampered me good! And it was like a recovery vacation... I was not at my own house so I did not worry about chores not being done, laundry piling up, etc. I actually got to watch cable t.v. and watched it during the DAY; which never happens! I discovered a new favorite show "My Fair Wedding" with David Tutera :) He totally rocks! Totally fun wedding series. http://www.davidtutera.com/
My mom cooked up all sorts of yummy things that were on my diet and she would always have them in such a fun presentation- fancy fancy. I even would drink my sprite zero from a fancy globe like wine glass with a tall stem. Oh yeah baby! I was living it up :)

I debated about blogging these below pics...
but here they are folks!
Gross! Really? I felt like the Corpse Bride or Edward Scissor hands' face -
like my foot belonged in Tim Burton movie and not on my body. YUK!
like my foot belonged in Tim Burton movie and not on my body. YUK!

Stitches were taken out yesterday. That was more difficult for me than actual day of surgery..cause I was awake and aware of all pain :( Plus I had gotten use to the level of pain I was at and then after they took out stitches and moved my toes back and forth for the 1st time in 8 days it created a whole new kind of pain.
I am in a boot now but still on crutches.
Have to heal more before weight can be put on it.
Need to take it off 5 times a day and stretch toes/ankle and move them around.
I find this as difficult as waxing your own eyebrows or upper lip- cause you have to purposely inflict pain to yourself! Craziness. I am thankful it all went well but it is still all crazy- ya know?
Again THANK YOU to everyone for love, support, and assistance
that was and is much needed and appreciated!
that was and is much needed and appreciated!









No comments:
Post a Comment