Friday, November 12, 2010

Ice Skating in New York

Crystalyn and I enjoyed a yummy raspberry tart before going ice skating last Saturday morning with the young women in her ward. These tarts were the bomb! I also got an apple turnover and a chocolate croissant that we shared later in the day- YUM!

click here for short video clip I took at breakfast :)

Ice Skating Queens - hee hee!

Click here for short video- I was going to film while I skated around one lap but I totally got busted by the ice skate patrol guy in the bright orange body suit...he told me no cameras allowed on the ice. My bad!



There were so many cute little kids skating and they were so good at it! They put me to shame :) hee hee! I liked this shot of a little gals ice skates- I took it when I was resting on a bench. I had a blast but I am totally out of shape and would need to take a breather every now and again. I am not proud of that- something to work on for sure!

After skating Crystalyn and I looked around at these little shops that were set up around the rink. The neat thing is that the rink, shops, restrooms, etc. in this area were all temporary. All were built for the winter season but will be gone in Spring.


One of the many fabulous chandeliers that hung in one of the temporary little boutique shops. This one was so sparkly and fantastic that I ask Crystalyn to take a pic on the sly with her iphone so that I didn't look like SUCH a tourist. ha ha!
Oh my goodness- we tried the BEST chocolate truffles EVER at one of these shops. I am totally going to buy some online at: http://www.nochewingallowed.com/
I can not express how delightful and decadent they were :) The chocolatey goodness just melts in your mouth (no chewing allowed!) and they are sooooo incredibly SMOOTH ;) YUMMY!
Here I am (left) shopping in one of the temp boutiques and then (right) doing a random robot pose by a fountain...this man to the left is looking at me like "what the hek is she doing?" ha ha! Good times, good times.

1 comment:

Crystalyn said...

I love that the video of you on the ice has the good music playing in the background and not the stupid music that we had for the rest of the time.
hmm you made me want some more of those yummy truffles!
Yay for ice skating!!!