I am so very thankful for the freedoms we have. I really love the 4th of July :) I love patriotic music, everyone wearing red, white, and blue. I love eating watermelon and watching fireworks. Yes, it is hot- yes we stink because we are coated in mosquito repellent- yes- it takes forever to get back home after the celebration, but it is all worth it for the feeling I feel when as a family we are gathered together with thousands of other Americans to celebrate our Nation's Birthday!
HAPPY 4th of JULY!
Yo diggidy!
Hanging out by Lake Pflugerville I love Ethan's little concentrating face. He is all about trying to do the buckles. Bill with monkeys Laying down on the blanket after dancing to live music :) Our happy boy
Emma stood up on a chair and did this while the live band was playing...I snapped a pic and didn't realize until later how very Statue of Liberty-like it was :)
I took this while laying on the blanket- loved the silhouettes
Watching the fireworks. Emma- not cool with the sound **Ethan-taking it like a "man" :)
Another way we have parallel lives....we got Dan the same shirt and hat set from Target for Daddy's Day. And Ben (who is the same age as sweet Emma) HATES fireworks. Along with other loud noises. He has super human hearing because he is able to hear noises and certain pitches that I can not hear. But the fireworks hurt his ears so bad that we watched them on TV this year! I think we will invest in earplugs next year...because I love me some fireworks in person!
2 comments:
I love the dancing to the live music! Fun! :)
Another way we have parallel lives....we got Dan the same shirt and hat set from Target for Daddy's Day. And Ben (who is the same age as sweet Emma) HATES fireworks. Along with other loud noises. He has super human hearing because he is able to hear noises and certain pitches that I can not hear. But the fireworks hurt his ears so bad that we watched them on TV this year! I think we will invest in earplugs next year...because I love me some fireworks in person!
Post a Comment