Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Spring Break MIRACLE!



One day sunny... the next day SNOW! 6 inches of snow...it was a true miracle :) I can't believe the kids and I have been able to play in snow 2 times in the past couple months and in TEXAS! These pics are from the Plano Snow we were blessed with on our visit to Oma & Opa's house this Spring Break.

Wheel barrel full of snow- too cool! I totally dig the way the snow looks on the tree trunk to the far right... spiffy!
I loved how this pic came out...the cropping and the fact that I took it from inside through the window and you can't even tell. Tricky sticky.

I'm glad I got a pic of these cool snow shapes on the sidewalk before anyone walked on it. It is natural art before your eyes :)

I like this super low angle shot I took

Sam and Emma

Austin, making another snow ball to throw at Emilie

Emilie, snow covered feet... where are they?

Jayne doesn't have a snow pic because she didn't want to go out in the cold when we were out there. This picture is a rare shot to get ... Jayne is not big on smiling in pictures. I was proud that I captured this cutie patootie on camera with a smile :)

Ethan was soooo done with the COLD by this point.
Nothing a warm bath couldn't fix ;)

running in a plano winter wonderland

This is a pic I took of myself while out admiring the snow around midnight the night it began to snow. There is nothing like snow at night. It seems to glow in the dark and it just looks so beautiful! I was freezing but it was worth every second because it was fresh, untouched, pure snow and I would go inside and get warm by the fire and then go out again in it.

I have always loved snow. It made me tear up to stand be out in it. I love the way it sounds when you walk through snow and it makes that crunch, crunch sound. There is just something magical about it that always brings me joy and makes me feel giddy like a child at Christmas. I have always felt that way about it and I hope I always will. I was probably the only nerdy one outside with a goofy grin on my face the whole time I scrapped snow off of our car and my sister's van.




I love a good fire!
This is one of the coolest things about visiting Oma & Opa's when it is cold. Fireplaces with a roaring fire are so toasty and romantic :) Fire is just so memorizing to watch.


If you know me, then you know I take a million pictures! To see all the pictures of spring break fun and the fabulous snow pics then click here to see entire album.

2 comments:

Valerie and Christopher said...

so fun! plano is where i grew up :) i really love the pic of you in the night snow....drop dead georgeous!

Crystalyn said...

I'm so glad that you got to have snow! I love the picture of the kids on the grass the day before the snow! So crazy!!!