Emma has been asking about going ice skating for awhile now so we finally went today. We had been avoiding it due to the PAIN that goes with it. All I have to say is OUCH-A-WA-WA! Emma had fun...me- not so much :) My shins burnt like crazy, my feet feel all crazy achy, and my back sore from bending over to hold both her hands (since she won't hold just one). I want to be a good ice skater, I want to be a cool Mom, I want to not feel like bursting into tears because I finally got 1 time around the rink...but I am just not there yet. I am a fighter and I will keep trying :) Try, try again- right?! Wish me luck next time.
I do have to say that watching the skating tonight on the Olympics was just mind blowing after my experience today! It is so much difficult that it looks or than I remember it being (from when I was a teenager). Oh me oh my!

1 comment:
Good for you for trying. I am a total weenie and wouldn't even attempt it. :-)
Post a Comment