It was originally an office with an accent wall (my 1st attempt at a feaux finish), then it was a toy room and we turned our formal dining room into an office, and finally it is our sweet Ethan's room now. I LOVE how it turned out!
Oh and the best part is I got some great deals while putting the room together. For example the dresser was free (neighbor had it on driveway with a TAKE ME sign on it), the bench was free (Bill's Grandma dot gave it to us years ago), the crib was $40 off craig's list, the white shelves were free (from Bill's parents garage), the brown boxes and curtains from Target with Gift Cards from Baby shower, some frames were from garage sales and others just reused from other rooms in the house... okay you get the idea ;) I am a thrifty chic!
BEFORE and AFTER PICS
Before*********************** After
At my request, my Mom (a.k.a. Oma) did a before and after pic with the dresser she helped me refinish :) It took a ton of coats of paint to cover that crazy red and blue spray paint! Whew!
The bedding set was the most expensive thing we bought for room but it was worth every penny! I love how soft it is and all the different fabric/textures it has (fuzzy, corduroy, etc.). I really liked picking a theme for Emma and Ethan's rooms that was not too "baby" because then it lasts so much longer.
The Finishing Touches
(it was pretty darn tricky to do Ethan's foot prints on that plate!
but so worth it- i love little baby feet!)
but so worth it- i love little baby feet!)
Ethan's Hospital Picture












2 comments:
SO stinkin cute Laura! Fantastic job!!
That's so cute! I love how it all turned out! good job!
Post a Comment