I have done Meals on Wheels a hand full of times before... but not in the HOT, HOT, HOT Texas summer heat! Oh my! Emma and I kept saying "We are melting, we are melting!" This is a picture I snapped from my cell at one of our deliveries. This is how I get around with both kids, double stroller, a cooler full of cold food, and a bag with hot food. Emma usually walks the whole time but today the heat zapped her and she didn't want to walk so I put her on the only part of the stroller that was available. Her small size comes in handy a lot. Whew!
Emma is a great helper. I give her the correct meals and then she hands them out to the folks. She loves to ring the bell or knock really hard on their doors.
Some things she said while we were out today:
"My eyes are melting!"
"You have shiny sprinkles on you." (she was referring to the sweat drops all over my face)
I think the heat went to her head or she was fantasizing of what she'd rather be doing because she started singing La La La's to the tune of Jingle Bells and then was pretended it was snowing outside. She made a snow ball with her hands in the car. Wishful thinking I guess :) ha ha
To see a 15 sec. quick video taken from my cell then click here.

1 comment:
That must have been a work out and a half! You go girl! And I SO recognize that Ikea bag! :) You are the greatest person ever for doing that AND in the heat. I know that everyone who received the meals appreciated them SO much. I love the sparkles on your face comment. reminds me of Edward sparkling in the sun......are you a vampire? Is there something you're not telling me?
PS We had a record breaking 102' yesterday! CRAZY WEATHER!
Post a Comment