Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh my spank!

I am so totally bummed about getting a speeding ticket the other day...it was in an area of town that I never drive at during the 4 o'clock hour- so my fee is SO FAT because I was going 36 miles in a 25 mile SCHOOL ZONE :( I honestly did not even know it was school zone time and I turned on the street and accelerated for about 100 yards up to 35 mph cause that is what I thought the speed limit was and then a motorcyle cop stood in the road and pointed at me to pull over (yes they do that here in Texas- very bold and dangerous if you ask me). The ticket is going to come to like $266 :( That stinks! It was so innocent, silly, and lame. I was not even in a hurry to get anywhere. We will contest part of it only due to cop writing ticket for 36 mph in a 20 mph zone and that is not correct- it was 25 mph zone (we went back and checked)- that will at least take a tiny bit of the money off. Then today I get a notice for me for Jury Duty...that is when I say OH MY SPANK. Just had to vent.

2 comments:

Mhari said...

Oh that totally sucks!! I hate getting tickets. I'm sorry I missed you at Sliding Doors the other night too. I had just flown in and was exhausted. Next time I'm totally in though. :-)

Valerie and Christopher said...

you should have just showed him the pictures of your brain...then choose from below
A. tell him you have brain damage (go for the sympathy vote)
B. he would be so totally impressed at how big your brain is that he would feel intimidated and not write you a ticket (especially making the 20 vs 25 mistake)
C. he would be so weirded out by the fact that you pulled out pictures of your brain that he would forget what he was doing and wander off in a stuper

Brain pictures can totally save the day!