Thursday, January 8, 2009

First time ice skaters swarm Frisco Mall

My nieces, nephews, and Emma went ice skating for their first time ever at the Frisco Mall last week. Kyle, Opa, and Crystalyn are my heros because they took all of the kids around, around, and around the ice rink a billion times. And all of the time they were holding the kids' hands while straining their backs and getting all tuckered out, but with a smile on their faces! What an amazing trio of adults! All the monkeys had a good time. Emma loved it so much that she cried and cried when it was time to go home. I did NOT love it. I use to ice skate all the time in high school so I thought I'd be pretty good... WRONG- I struggled to do 2 laps around and my shins were burning and my feet hurt! I stopped after 2 laps ;) ha ha! I was so slow that Emma didn't want to hold my hands to skate with me...she said "I want to ice skate with Opa and Crystalyn." I totally don't blame her!

No comments: