Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Misunderstanding

The other day I asked Emma what she wanted to learn about for preschool and she said (I thought she said) "sheep"... so I was cool with that and I looked up some you tube videos of sheep and had thought of a craft (gluing cotton balls to a print out of a sheep). I called her over and said okay let's learn about sheep then she said "No sheeps" then I said yes that is what I said "sheeps"... she looked annoyed, thought for a few seconds, and then said "I want to learn about hearts." Sweet Emma was saying SHAPES the whole time :) It was a funny moment, but I loved that she is so smart to think of an example of a shape (heart) since clearly her mother was clueless and not understanding that she wanted to learn about shapes and not sheep! ha ha! We had a good laugh and then a fun time learning about shapes together.

4 comments:

Valerie and Christopher said...

that is so funny! What a smartie Emma is!

Unknown said...

lol, too cute!!!

Unknown said...

Oops - aparrently I was logged in as Crystalyn's mom Valerie, he he, this is Matt ;)

Gardner Family said...

Laura - You have officially motivated me to have some school time with Benji here at our house during the week. He's doing great with shapes, colors, and reading. But we need to work on numbers more....oh yah and fun animals like dinosaurs! Thank you for posting such great ideas.

And I love that you go to so much trouble to google and research projects for sweet Emma. You are such a great Momma!