Sunday, September 14, 2008

The BEST cookie recipe EVER!

I feel like it would be a crime to not share this cookie recipe with you because it is THAT GOOD! Bill and I don't even care for any type of foods or dishes with pumpkin in it usually, but these PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are the bomb that goes KABOOM :) They have the perfect blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, and chocolate to make them the delightful fall treat that they are. Enjoy! 

Mix with a mixer the following ingredients:
  • 1 cup of butter (ends up being 2 sticks of butter) - softened but not melted
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
Then add the following ingredients to above ingredients by stirring in with a spoon:
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 cup of pumpkin (I buy the canned "Libby's 100% Pumpkin")
  • 1 cup of blended oatmeal (you blend about 2 cups of oatmeal in the blender until it is the consistency of flour and then measure it to make sure you just use 1 cup of blended oatmeal)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 bag of chocolate chips - like a 12 oz. bag- **(I use the semi-sweet nestles chips and I put more than recipe calls for...more like 16 oz. or so of choc. chips - because in my world I live by the motto "The more chocolate, the better!")**
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
Cookies are super soft and fabulous!

2 comments:

Haynes Family said...

Thanks for the cookies, they were delicious! :)

Gardner Family said...

Hey! I made these one time in Hawaii! And I was JUST thinking a few days ago that I will have to do it again this year!! YUMMMMY in my TUMMY!!