Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Eating apples is normal in some homes...

Eating apples seems like a pretty simple thing right? Well, not in our home... our little Emma hasn't eaten any fruit in sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! The other day she saw me cutting up a red pepper and asked to see one. I gave it to her and she tried to take a bite like it was an apple... I explained it was not an apple but a red pepper. She then ASKED ME for an apple. I tried not to act shocked, but I couldn't believe that she actually wanted it and ate it! Yes, we even documented the moment by filming it. The cutest thing of it all is she kept insisting we call the apple "a halloween" - so we did. You don't argue with a toddler that finally decided to eat something she hasn't touched in like a year! Maybe the apple reminds her of pumpkins...hence "a halloween"- who knows? Here is the video clip.

Emma eats an apple? from Sparkle Mama on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

She probably wouldn't eat apples because she watched snow white or enchanted and thought they were poisonous! Can't blame a girl for being cautious. But congrats on her fruit consumption. We just had our FHE on fruits and veggies this week! The monkeys will be excited to hear about her accomplishment.