Bill and I do not "love" gardening or yard work by any means...but it is one of those things that needs to get done. We have worked long and hard to get our front yard back into shape since letting it go through the fall & winter. Whew- it is a lot of physically taxing work and I totally understand why people pay other people to do it all the time! Here are 2 before and after shots of just 1 of the 2 flower/plant beds we worked on. I must say it is very satisfying to see the transformation. I did find a little snake in a flower bed during the process and some odd looking grub-like insects - YUK! Of course, Emma was a wonderful little helper. She loved to "water" things for me and when she got tuckered out I would let her chill out in the shade in her princess chair with a lollipop, cold drink, and some music :)





1 comment:
Your yard looks great! I like gardening. It's one of the few chores that you can do that stays "done" for longer than an hour (unlike dishes, laundry, or even keeping my car clean). And the results are beautiful. The only time i don't like it is when it's hot and humid.
The grub thing you saw was most likely a cicada larva. The stay in the ground for a long time before maturing. They aren't really great for your plants either - I think they eat the roots.
Post a Comment