Saturday, November 10, 2007

I have been tagged!

Rachel (one of my fabulous sisters) tagged me!

The rules:

A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

B. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog, for these rules.

1. Sparkly things mesmerize me...literally! If something is super sparkly then I can't stop looking at it and I kind of go into a zone. I recently bought this pair of earrings that are really, really sparkly and it is a happy and sad thing- let me explain. I love to hold them and look at how sparkly they are, but when I wear them I can't see them unless I find a mirror to look in and then I just look vain and silly to others...standing there staring into a mirror in La-La-Land. My motto "The more sparkles, the better."

2. Symmetry = a happy Laura. I really like things...all things to be symmetrical or have balance to them. When things are balanced/symmetrical then there is this warm fuzzy feeling that comes over me and I feel very peaceful. Oh and you know what else gives me a gushy feeling? Repetitive visual things- like a long stretch of columns/pillars, a street lined with similar height trees on both sides that are lite with Christmas lights, the way Bath and Body Works displays their lotions, the way MAC cosmetics lines up their eye shadows and lipsticks on display, a set of lite candles, etc.

3. I have an "eyebrow" fetish. I notice every ones eyebrows. I LOVE well groomed, well shaped eyebrows. I am so happy when I go get mine waxed and they are all symmetrical and nice. I am so sad when I over pluck and make them not symmetrical :( Symmetrical, balanced, nice arched eyebrows just delight me in an odd kind of way. Bill is use to me commenting on good eyebrows when I see them that I notice it has rubbed off on him somewhat because he will say "did you see that girls eyebrows?" sometimes. ha ha! I find myself craving to fix people's eyebrows that have such potential but have been neglected.

4. Christmas music is my favorite! I truly listen to Christmas music all year round. Not constantly or anything, but whenever I want to then I do. Christmas music is my happy place. It always makes me feel better. When I hear it I start fantasizing of all these marvelous winter scenes, smells, foods, good childhood holiday memories, etc. I just love Christmas so much and so I like to have a bit of Christmas with me all year round and I do that through music. I have always sung Christmas songs to Emma since she was born...she probably just thinks of them as lullabies and not "seasonal/holiday" tunes.

5. I have crazy good hearing. I can hear noises that others can't. The problem is that once my ears tune into something like a clicking noise or a high pitch sound then they can not tune it out! I drive Bill crazy with this because it is like the world can not go on until we make the noise stop or leave the place that has the noise. I also have a super good smelling- which also drives Bill batty sometimes. I am always asking him "Do you smell that? or Do your hear that?" and he is like "NO!"

6. Un-used things really bother me...I need to find them a home or a use. If you have seen the series "MONK" then this is where I feel a bit MONK-like. For example; if there are clothes in my closet that I no longer wear or don't currently fit me then I feel the need to let someone in my family borrow them, donate them, sell them, etc. If we don't use a certain food item we purchased I feel the need to give it to someone who will use it. Piles are in this category. Piles make me tense...don't get me wrong we have plenty of piles around our house even though I wish we didn't. It gives me great joy to get rid of a pile.

I know I am only suppose to do 6 items, but I am just throwing this one in for fun

7. I have a lip gloss buying addiction. Yep, some women buy lots of shoes or purses...well I can't get enough of lip glosses. Oh, and of course 99% of my collection are SPARKLY Lip Glosses. I have more lip gloss than I could possible go through. I will have to take a picture to show you part of my collection...will post pic at a later time- too late tonight to do it now. Emma is following in my footsteps because she already knows how to say "lip gloss" and she asks me for it all the time! Too cute!

I now tag Matt Jaynes, Betsy Brunner, Aunt Annie, Leah Gardner,  and Bresee Family!

1 comment:

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

you like sparkly things? I never would have guessed that about you! I'll have to keep that in mind. . .")